1. Umbrella by Rihanna
-Originally Written for Britney who turned it down during the “Blackout” era. Single handedly saved Rihanna’s career.
2. Telephone By Lady Gaga & Beyonce
-Originally written for Britney who turned it down, GaGa who cowrote it kept it for herself. Supposedly Britney was later going to do the duet with GaGa but Beyonce was then chosen instead. Britney’s demo of the track leaked years later. Her version features a darker more robotic auto-tuned style.
3. Sweet Dreams My LAX By Rachel Stevens
-Written for Britney as a response to Justin Timberlake’s Cry Me A River, Britney turned it down and Rachel (formerly of S Club 7) took it for her debut solo single.
4. Milkshake by Kelis
- Written by the Neptunes for Britney who turned it down. I can’t see Britney doing this song. lol. Biggest hit of Kelis’ career though.
5. Tilt Ya Head Back By Nelly & Christina Aguilera
-Originally a duet between Nelly and Britney, but Brits team decided it was “too urban”. This is the second duet Christina took over from Britney. Christina’s duet with Ricky Martin (“Nobody Wants To Be Lonely”) was originally intended to be with Britney as well.
6. Graffiti My Soul by Girls Aloud
-Turned down by Britney’s team for not being as catchy or repetitive as Girls’ Aloud’s “Sound of the Underground” which was a sound they were hoping for. Xenomania, the producers/songwriters, kept it for their go-to girl group.
7. Whiplash by Selena Gomez and the Scene
-Co-written by Britney herself, didn’t make the cut on any album. Selena picked it up.
8. Look Who’s Talking by BoA
-Also co-written by Britney, but it didn’t make the cut for her albums. BoA picked it up for her first english American album. Britney’s demo version leaked years later.
9. Happily Never After by The Pussycat Dolls
-Written by Ne-Yo for Britney during Brits dark period. Ne-yo got tired of waiting for Britney to get back in the studio so he gave it to Nicole Scherzinger, who’s solo album got the ax and the song was then used on the Pussycat Dolls’ second album. The Backstreet Boys also recorded a version, which was only used as a bonus track. Nicole’s version, which sounds the same as the PCD version was first heard in an episode of Gossip Girl.
10. He Loves U Not by Dream
-The first I ever heard of this was today. Supposedly it was intended for Britney’s “Oops!… I Did It Again” album, but it didn’t make the cut. Dream used it as their debut single.
britney saved rihanna’s career bow @ her philanthropy
- directionerinfinityandforever likes this
- thevideoexchange likes this
- richbaxter reblogged this from kidviciousdonna
- takinoutmyfreaktonite reblogged this from sexidance
- kidviciousdonna reblogged this from shellylessthan3 and added:
- ilenetatro likes this
- shellylessthan3 reblogged this from sexidance
- ragdollia reblogged this from sexidance
- miss-anne-dree likes this
- ivecome-undone likes this
- versaceweave likes this
- vanishedpowerlines reblogged this from sexidance and added:
- amessofcomplications likes this
- jomontana reblogged this from shutupvictor
- topherfy reblogged this from velmax3
- simplysuzanna reblogged this from sexidance
- xylophoneflourish likes this
- redlipstickchick reblogged this from sexidance
- hautecraigture reblogged this from sexidance
- wickedtouch8 reblogged this from sexidance
- velmax3 reblogged this from shutupvictor
- ilikerafael reblogged this from sexidance
- mraniston reblogged this from shutupvictor
- thedoctor reblogged this from sexidance
- ryanomg likes this
- sexidance reblogged this from shutupvictor and added:
- layupundermetonite likes this
- incredulousdenials likes this
- shimmer-n-shine reblogged this from shutupvictor
- motorboatsandwaterfalls likes this
- itsdriedfred reblogged this from shutupvictor
- itsdriedfred likes this
- shutupvictor posted this